Monday, December 10, 2007

Knitting Knews & a Surreal Experience

Hi All!!! How's it going? I've been busy this Holiday season...got a lot accomplished so far.

Here is my sock yarn for my "A Year In Socks" thing. Starting at the bottom right we have:
Jan. Lorna's Laces Shep Sock in Jeans; Feb. red Koigu (don't know the #); Mar. Stonebarn Fibers in Wintermint; Apr. Claudia's HP in Jill's Pink; May is Great Adirondacks Soxie in Seamist; June is Trekking XXL #126; Jul is Fortissima Colori #1776; Aug is Tofutsies #728; Sep is Knitpicks Sock Garden in Pansy; Oct is Sock Pixie's Halloween Night; Nov is Araucania Ranco Multy #306 and last but not least for Dec is Socks That Rock Lghtwght in Jingle Bell Rock. I will explain during each month why I picked each yarn...some are self explanatory, others are not. However, in my twisted mind it makes perfect sense. There is a method to my maddness...most of the time.

Here is a picture of the Leaf Lace shawl that I made for my Grandmother. I'll be shipping it off along with Pap's socks (see earlier post) sometime this week.

Here is a pic of Surreal, only the best band around. Saw them Sat night and as always they put on a hell of a show. And they're nice guys too!



No comments: